The holidays are upon us, and it’s time to make sure all your ducks are in a row whether your business takes a holiday break or you’re open for business as usual. Many customers will wonder if your holiday hours will be different from your regular hours, and it’s good business etiquette to show your special holiday hours if you’ll be having them.
If you were greeted with a helpful reminder from Google to update your holiday hours, but aren’t quite sure how to do so, we’ve put together this helpful how-to blog that walks you through the necessary steps for both your Google and Bing business listings.
- Visit business.google.com and login if necessary
- You are taken to one of two screens:
- If you see “Google My Business “ in the upper left corner, scroll down and click “Manage Location” under your businesses name
- If you already see your business name in the top left corner, skip to step 3
- Click the red “Edit” button
- Scroll to the section that says “Add special hours” and click the pencil icon
- In this screen you can add your holiday hours. Specify the dates and times your business will be operating under holiday hours. If your business closes for a day or a week, be sure to click the button to mark the business closed. Click “Apply” when you are finished.
If you do not complete these steps, your customers will see an orange “Hours might differ” message if they search for you over the holiday break. Once you add your holiday hours, this label will turn green and specify that those are your set “Holiday hours.”
Updating Bing Places Business Hours
- Visit bingplaces.com and log in if necessary
- Click on your business name
- Click the “EDIT” button next to your business name
- Click the “Next” button until you get to the section that displays your hours
- Click the checkbox next to the statement that says “Yes, I want to provide working hours for special days.”
- In this section you can add your holiday hours. Specify the dates and time your business will be operating under holiday hours. If your business closes, be sure to leave the button marked “Closed” to let customers know the business is closed. Click “Next” and then “Submit” when you are finished.
Once again your hours will then be listed in green in the search results, signifying you have special holiday hours that you have specified in your management panel.
We hope this guide helps, but if you need any help with editing or even setting up your Google or Bing business listing, be sure to give us a call at 717-290-6760, or email us at email@example.com. Have a blessed Christmas and a very Happy New Year!