Why You Need a Post-Pandemic Strategy2 min readAugust 11, 2020
Now more than ever, small businesses need to dedicate time and effort to search engine optimization. SEO is one of the best and least expensive ways to get your company’s website in front of people searching online for the products and services you offer.
You’ve likely already been hit hard by the pandemic. If you’re deciding how to intelligently allocate your marketing budget, SEO must be top of mind. It’s a low-cost way to improve your rankings on Google, Bing, and other search engines for the keywords and phrases your customers are typing into the search fields. It’s not complex.
How We Connect, Post-Pandemic
With many of us working from home, we’re online longer and more often than we were before the pandemic. It’s not just our work habits that have been impacted. For many, streaming services are the top (sometimes only) source of entertainment as venues remain closed or capacity restricted.
The internet is our new way to connect socially while we hope for a COVID-19 vaccine.
Searchers to Site Visitors to Leads
This increase in online traffic creates the opportunity for SEO to really impact your site’s visibility. Here are some simple ways to turn people searching on the internet into quality leads through organic SEO:
- Make sure your site is mobile friendly. No one wants to pinch and pull to read your site on their phone. The more you optimize your website for a mobile user, the better your chance of path-to-purchase success.
- Determine what keywords and phrases your customers and potential customers are using to find your brand, products, or services.
- Keep voice search in mind as well as “typed” search. The way your customers search for your products and services using their voice will differ from how they look for your products and services typing into a search field.
- Get content on your website that’s relevant to these keywords and phrases while also offering site visitors helpful information.
- Use blog articles and social media to amplify relevant keywords, phrases, and content.
3 Options for Launching SEO
Sharp Innovations offers three tiers of scalable SEO solutions to fit any business need. If you’re not sure how to start an SEO marketing campaign, we offer SEO audit services to see how your current site is performing and determine ways to improve your digital marketing. For a one-time, non-repeating fee of $250, we’ll diagnose your website so an SEO plan can be created.